Launched in 2016 as a health coaching business for professional women, busy moms, and wellness entrepreneurs, this site is a quickly growing space of health-conscious women just like you from all around the world.
If there’s one word to describe you it would be: motivated.
But if there was one word to describe how you might currently feel, it’s: stuck.
Whether you feel like you need a complete diet, fitness, and self-care overhaul, or you just need help making a few healthy changes to move in the right direction, you’re in the right place.
Since you’re here, I bet you’re looking for some healthy inspiration, a way to manage and deal with stress, healthy recipe ideas, a positive mindset, and quick, efficient fitness tips.
But maybe you…
- Are short on time
- Have no clue what to cook or eat
- Want to get out of the diet cycle and find something that actually lasts & works
- Feel like you aren’t in the right place in your life, but you don’t know where you’re headed either; or
- Want to move your body (exercise) in a way that works for your mind, soul & schedule.
No matter where you are in your journey, you want to know how to eat healthy on the go, fit in exercise when and where you can, find more joy in life, and how (& why!) to prioritize self-care.
You want to find an easier way to eat, move, and live than diets, restrictions, binges, cleanses, and rules. You need something that’s easy, approachable, and that WORKS with your schedule.
You’re READY to take the next step to prioritize yourself & your health.
But you just don’t know how to make it a reality. You feel stuck. Trust me, I’ve totally been there!
So, I have a few core health beliefs…
- I believe diets and restrictive food rules aren’t the way to lose weight or be happy.
- On that note, I believe your weight doesn’t need to be tied to your happiness.
- I believe you have the power to overcome food issues. I’m here to help you learn how.
- I believe you can take care of yourself as much as you take care of everyone else.
- I believe you deserve happiness, respect, and love. And I’m determined to give you the tools to feel those in every aspect of your life.
- I believe you can eat Thai or Mexican every night of the week and never get sick of it. #foodie
The gist is this: you’re busy, stressed, and tired. You want to be healthier, happier, fitter, and fed well and I’m here to help you do just that.
Hi! I’m Sam Vander Wielen, a corporate-attorney-turned-Certified Health Coach who loves helping women how to prioritize themselves, eat well, and move more.
How did this biz happen?
I started Hygge Wellness after nearly 5 years as a corporate attorney left me feeling like there had to be something more to life.
My passion for wellness started well before my time in a law firm. Growing up, I played volleyball 24/7. It was my life (to say the least!). After I graduated from law school and started working in the “real world,” I quickly realized I didn’t have much of an identity that wasn’t tied to my former-sport.
Because I went from playing a sport at a high level for hours a day to sitting at a desk for 9+ hours a day, I started to see changes in my body, energy levels, and mood I didn’t like either. So I did what I thought was best — I cut out grains, dairy, meat, eating certain foods at certain times, and so on and so on. I saw temporary results, fast. But I was absolutely miserable. And I couldn’t stick to any one “restriction” for any serious period of time (looking back on it —> duh!).
And then I got serious about self-care, mindful eating, and stress management. I got to a good space with food and exercise through prioritizing those things in my life instead of demonizing and restricting certain food groups.
I started food prepping to have healthy, plant-based meals on hand. I learned to love to nourish + nurture my body with whole foods as much as possible. I listened to my body when it told me what it truly needed.
And then my colleagues started noticing. They noticed I wasn’t on any cleanse, or 30-day restriction — I was just eating. I was talking about how much I loved exercise & what I did to “fill up my cup”. And they wanted in.
So I launched Hygge Wellness and became a Certified Health Coach through the Dr. Sears Wellness Institute to help others also find a healthy balance + relationship with food, fitness, and themselves.
At the end of 2016, I left the law and went full-time entrepreneur mode. I work individually with clients from all over the world, create eCourses to help others learn how to live their best life, and I blog twice per week here.
Through my signature 3-month health coaching program, 1-time sessions, and online courses, I help other busy women, stressed moms, or wellness biz women get healthy, happy, and down the path they want their life to go.
Before I go, I want to invite you to grab your *free* consultation, a 50-minute Connection Call with me. This is our time to connect & learn more about whether health coaching is right for you. You can ask for help to make a healthy change in your life, or talk about how to become a Health Coach. It’s your time and you can use it as you’d like.
To grab your *free* consultation:
Head to my scheduling calendar here.
Select “50-minute connection call” from Services & select an available time which works for you.
I will call you as the designated time. I can’t wait to chat with you then!
I also offer a *free* 7-day self-care course, sent out by email each day for 7 days. This *free* 7-Day eCourse shares the step-by-step strategies to help you connect with yourself on a deeper level emotionally, mentally, physically. Here’s a look at what you’ll learn:
- Day 1: Emotional Self-Care
- Day 2: You Are What You See (& Hear!)
- Day 3: Hello, Inner Critic!
- Day 4: Let’s Get Physical
- Day 5: How You See Yourself (Body Image)
- Day 6: How’s Your Relationship with Food? An Intro to Intuitive (Mindful) Eating
- Day 7: Self-Care Isn’t Selfish & Tying it All Together
Sign-up free here or using the below form!
Looking to get started on my site? Here’s what you should read:
- Learn more about ‘hygge’ and how it relates to my philosophy & approach to wellness here.
- Read 6 Simple Ways to Move More Everyday for easy & quick ideas you can use today.
- Read 5 Reasons You Need to Practice Self-Care
Thank you SO much for visiting & I hope you will stick around. I can’t wait to get to know you!
Mastering Self-Care in 7 Easy Steps
This *free* 7-Day eCourse shares the step-by-step strategies to help you connect with yourself on a deeper level emotionally, mentally, physically.
We'll tackle topics like intuitive (mindful) eating, body image, your inner critic & more.
I created this eCourse to help you ditch diets and make peace with food so you can live your fullest, best life.